Take the first step towards a career as a pharmacy technician with the accredited pharmacy technician program by Cambridge Business Institute, the leading pharmacy technician schools in New York.
Pharmacy technicians work to give out medications to customers and work under the direction of certified pharmacists to provide information to customers. Pharmacy technicians find employment typically at a drugstore, grocery store, hospital or other medical facility. This position involves working with pharmacists, patients and occasionally with pharmaceutical reps.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Pharmacy technicians need to have certain skills for their better career. They include:
- Knowledge of medicines and the laws used in their distribution
- Knowledge of hazardous substances and related handling
- Knowledge of first aid
- An understanding of the human body and effect of medicines on it.
Why choose Cambridge for pharmacy technician training?
The future of pharmacy is evolving rapidly and Cambridge is committed to produce highly educated and efficient pharmacy technicians to meet the growing demand. The pharmacy technician training program at Cambridge’s Pharmacy Technician School provides instructive as well as hands-on training. Students at Cambridge’s Pharmacy Technician School study in a state-of-the-art learning environment from the top faculty in the country.
At the end of the pharmacy technician training program, the graduates will have the ability to-
- Communicate effectively with patients, pharmacists and with health care providers.
- Receive and prioritize written prescriptions and verbal requests, and dispense pharmaceutical products accurately.
- Release pharmaceutical products in compliance with the set standards, policies and procedures
There is roughly 20 percent job growth for pharmacy technicians from 2012, which is faster than the average for all occupations. There is an increasing demand for experienced and skilled pharmacy technicians and this is expected to be growing as consumers live longer and increasingly turn to pharmacists for prescription medication.
AREAS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Hospital pharmacies
- Community pharmacies
- Long-term care pharmacies
- Insurance companies (third party)
- Pharmaceutical companies
Pharmacy technicians are considered valuable and essential members of the inter-professional health care team. It is a great path for you to be a part of healthcare industry and will open several job opportunities for you.
If you are interested in a career in pharmaceuticals or looking to start a whole new career, don’t hesitate. Start your path to become a pharmacy technician today by enrolling in the pharmacy technician training program at Cambridge.