An EKG, also called an ECG or electrocardiogram, records the electrical activity of the heart. It is a quick and painless process. There’s a lot that goes into the job itself. However, to put it simply, an electrocardiogram makes use of the EKG machine that performs a test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of the heart. EKG Technicians conduct tests beside a cardiologist to detect disorders, and other problems associated with the heart.
These technicians must be skilled to operate the EKG machine correctly and to provide accurate results to cardiologist for further examination. This is why going to a quality EKG training program in Hempstead, Long Island NY like the one here at the Cambridge Institute is so important. Not just for you, but for the lives of the potential patients you’ll be helping as well. EKGs are interpreted by healthcare professionals to understand a patient’s:
- Heart rate
- Heartbeat regularity
- Strength and timing of the electrical signals
- Any possible abnormal conditions
Our EKG training program in Hempstead, NY will generate multi-skilled medical laboratory technicians who will perform EKG procedure. EKG technicians typically work in physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities and organizations. With all of that being said however, there are some still some very interesting facts about EKG Technicians you may not know. Here are, “5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About EKG Technicians.”
- EKG Technicians Tend To Have Analytical Minds. An EKG technician has to look at any situation with objectivity and make level headed decisions on a regular basis, especially since lives may be on the line. This also makes for a lot of high-stress situations that require an EKG technician to “think on their feet.” If you’re the type of person that excels under pressure, a career as an EKG technician might be for you.
- EKG Technicians Earn A Very Good Salary. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “the median wage for EKG or Cardiovascular technicians was $49,010 as of 2016. The top 10% were earning more than $74,760. A number of technicians may also receive benefits including health insurance, vacation time, and sick leave.
- It’s One Of The Fastest Growing Fields Around. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has predicted that, “healthcare careers can expect a growth rate of 18% from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than most other careers. A lot of this comes down to aging Baby Boomers and the 75% of them who have a chronic condition (like heart disease and diabetes). With the over-65 population set to double by 2060, such career opportunities will continue to increase and meet those demands.”
- EKG Technicians Play A Big Role In The Medical Field. EKG technicians play a very important role within the medical field. Not only do they help out the doctors by performing EKGs on their patients. They also check on the strength or timing of electrical signals, and check on or determine any abnormal conditions. It’s a very important position, and it’s a role that can save lives.
- EKG Technicians Work Alongside Doctors In Hospitals (yes, just like on TV). The following description was taken directly from SnagAJob to help show how highly the job world values this role. “EKG technicians work in healthcare facilities with doctors and technologists and specialize in electrocardiogram (EKG) testing for patients. EKG machines are complex devices that monitors the heart’s performance. This is done by attaching wires and electrodes to a patient’s chest, arms and legs.”
Take this as less of a sign, and more of a call to action…
If you are a caring and compassionate person looking to make a difference in the lives of others, then our EKG training program here at Cambridge is for you. The EKG training program is designed to provide you with the basic skills required to help save the lives of patients by providing valuable information and medical services to the doctors who will help them further. The EKG training program at Cambridge Business Institute is comprised of lectures and hands-on training that will allow students to work within the medical field as certified EKG professionals. You will be making a difference in the lives of the people you care for, as well as their loved ones. All because you chose to follow an amazing career path in helping people.
Give Us A Call Today!
Are you tired of not having a career you can be proud of? Are you ready to make a change? If you aren’t already enrolled, what are you waiting for? Trust the top medical training school in all of New York at the Cambridge Institute here in Hempstead, Long Island NY. We specialize in Medical Billing Certification, Home Health Aide Training, Healthcare Training Programs, Home Health Aide Training, EKG training, and so much more! Give us a call today at (516) 874-5059