An EKG, also called an ECG or electrocardiogram, records the electrical activity of the heart. It is a quick and painless process. EKGs are interpreted by healthcare professionals to understand:
- Heart rate
- Heartbeat regularity
- Strength and timing of the electrical signals
- Any possible abnormal conditions
EKG training program will generate multi-skilled medical laboratory technicians who will perform EKG procedure. EKG technicians work in physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities and organizations.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested in becoming a certified EKG technician
- Individuals interested in working in health care
After finishing the program, the student should:
- be able to identify the phases of the cardiac cycle
- be able to recognize normal and abnormal EKGs
- be able to properly set up ECG equipment
- be able to list the information that must be included on the ECG report
- be able to have basic knowledge of pharmacology drugs commonly used in treatment of cardiac disorders.
Electrocardiogram makes use of EKG machine that performs a test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of the heart. EKG Technicians conduct tests beside a cardiologist to detect disorders, and other problems associated with the heart. They must be skilled to operate the EKG machine correctly and to provide accurate results to cardiologist for further examination.
Affordable EKG Certification Training Program
We strive to offer the most affordable EKG technician certification to help you get started with your career.